Frequently Asked Questions
If you are thinking about whether Tribal Habits may suit your organisation, here are answers to the most popular initial questions we are commonly asked.
Table of Contents
How would you summarise Tribal Habits?
Tribal Habits is a complete learning platform that makes online training easy to create, engaging to learn and simple to manage.
Tribal Habits makes training easy for everyone at your organisation: subject matter experts and training creators, employees and learners and HR and L&D managers.
Tribal Habits is a ‘training team in a box’ with all the required functions to create online training, tap into a ready-made library of online content, share training with learners and manage all training functions.
All organisations receive a private, branded cloud-based learning portal with all user and content management features. You can upload and enrol learners in training, manage reminders, track outcomes and generate reports.
What's in a Tribal Habits subscription?
The Tribal Habits subscription allows you to create unlimited custom training of your own. Capture processes, best practices, documentation, skills, product knowledge and more. You can distribute that training to learners (employees or customers) and manage all training administration
You also get access to hundreds of modules of ready-made training covering over 400 common lessons. Each module appears in your branding and can be completely customised by you. These library modules are created with the same tools as your own content, so can be seamlessly combined with your training. The library includes Australian-based compliance training as well as a wide range of personal development modules.
Does Tribal Habits support SCORM?
Yes. In fact, Tribal Habits is the only learning platform in the world with both SCORM import and SCORM link.
You can upload (import) SCORM modules into your Tribal Habits portal to share with learners (or even combine with Tribal Habits elements). You can upload SCORM 1.2, SCORM 2004, xAPI, cmi5, AICC and Tin Can formats.
You can link to content created in Tribal Habits via SCORM 1.2 format using a SCORM link. This allows your Tribal Habits training to be hosted in multiple external learning management systems, with reporting from Tribal Habits back to the learning management system.
What content can I add?
Training created in Tribal Habits utilises a building block editor. Using this editor, you can add over 45 different content layouts including:
- Images – Upload your own or import from 2 million stock images. Includes built-in image editor for cropping, filters and annotation.
- Video – Upload video to our dedicated video hosting environment with encoding and secure playback. Or embed videos from YouTube, Vimeo or elsewhere.
- Interactions – Flipcards, buttons, tabs, accordions, interactive images, AI narrated slides, timelines, processes, carousels, insights, quotes and more.
- Quizzes – Create a wide variety of quizzes with optional images, correct / incorrect feedback, retakes and more in both graded and ungraded assessments. Offline, manually graded options too.
- Audio – Upload or embed audio recordings, as well as live recording in your browser. Also create amazing narrated slideshows.
- Files – Add files for learners to download (templates, examples) as well as ask learners to upload completed files for assessment.
Do you have monthly plans?
Yes, we have a monthly plan. The monthly plan allow you to ‘pay as you go’ and charge at the end of each calendar month based on your actual number of active users. While flexible, this plan is our most expensive plan and most organisations utilise our smallest annual plan (Annual 10), which offers an immediate 10% discount to the monthly plan.
How are plans calculated?
Unlike most learning platforms, we do not charge based on stored users. Our plans are based on ‘monthly active users’. A monthly active user is a user in your portal who logs in during a calendar month. Monthly active users are only counted on their first log in each calendar month and can then login as much as they like, to create or complete as much training as they like.
So if your organisation has, say, 500 employees but only 200 tend to login in each month, you only need a 200 monthly active user plan. Then up to 200 different users can log in every month (and you can create and store unlimited users and training). Don’t worry if you exceed your plan either – you simple pay for the additional users for that one month at the same per user rate.
Annual vs month plans?
Our plans are then based on monthly or annual payment.
Our monthly plans allow you to ‘pay as you go’ and charge at the end of each calendar month based on your actual number of active users. This is our most flexible, but most expensive plan.
Our Annual plans are paid in advance and offer discounted per-user rates. Most organisations utilise an annual plan to reduce costs.
There’s an affordable plan for every organisation. Learn more at our Pricing page or contact us to discuss the most suitable plan for your organisation.
Is there a free trial period?
Yes, you can sign up for a free 14-day trial of Tribal Habits. We’ll start with a personalised demo to ensure your portal is set up as you needed it and to answer your initial questions.
We’ll also add in some content from our libraries to suit your objectives. You’ll then have full access to the entire platform during your trial, so you can experience what it’s like to create, explore and manage training in Tribal Habits.
Are there small annual plans?
Yes, our Annual 10 plan is our smallest annual plan. It’s similar to our monthly plan, but for a 12 month commitment you save 10%. You can have unlimited stored users and create unlimited training modules.
Do you offer discounts?
First, we have a range of annual plans which offer increasing discounts for larger usage.
Second, our annual plans are available in 2 and 3 year commitments, which offer further discounts.
Third, if your organisation is a not-for-profit or charitable organisation, we also offer additional discounts on all plans. Contact us to discuss further.
What are the different user roles?
Tribal Habits has a wide range of user roles, offering different levels of access.
- Admins have full access and can create new users, review all data and manage training. There are many different levels of admins to help you manage internal access and processes. You can have unlimited admins in your portal.
- Creators can edit training content they are assigned to as a creator. You can allow certain creators the ability to freely start new modules, or restrict editing to assigned modules. You can have unlimited creators in your portal.
- Explorers are learners – they can explore training they have been enrolled in.
- Assessors are instructors, coaches or trainers assigned to modules to assess manually graded activities – like tasks, event attendance, essay questions or uploaded submissions.
- Managers have oversight of their teams, including notification options, reporting and even the option to enrol their staff directly into training.
- Mentors can be assigned to each learner to receive notifications within certain modules or at certain times to assist in mentoring or coaching.
What roles count towards plans?
Everyone who uses Tribal Habits, whether it’s for exploring training, creating training, or managing training, counts towards your plan’s active user limit. You can upgrade your plan anytime if you need to.
What happens if we stop subscribing?
When your plan expires, we keep your portal for six months in case you want to renew your plan. Your portal will be locked while you have no plan (we do not offer a free plan). After six months, we permanently delete your data from our servers, and we can’t restore it. If you’d prefer we delete your data as soon as your plan ends, let us know, and we’ll take care of it right away.
Can we upgrade plans at any time?
You can upgrade to a larger plan at any time to add more capacity for active users each month. Remember that you can have unlimited stored users, so you can always create more users at any time regardless of your plan. Your plan is only based on how many of those users are active each month. Contact us to discuss further as required.
Where are your policies for...
Who owns the training content?
Can I sell courses via Tribal Habits?
You sure can!
Tribal Habits doesn’t offer an integrated eCommerce feature – instead we allow you to connect your Tribal Habits portal with dozens of popular online shops via our Zapier integration. You can then set-up your shop using the best online store for you – WooCommerce, Shopify, BigCommerce, SquareSpace – and integrate that with your training in Tribal Habits to automate enrolments by your learners.